Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Review: I heart you, you haunt me by Lisa Schroeder

I heart you, you haunt me by Lisa Schroeder
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Date of Publication: January 8th, 2008
Source: Bought
Pages: 227

Goodreads Summary:
Girl meets boy.
Girl loses boy.
Girl gets boy back...
...sort of.


Ava can't see him or touch him, unless she's dreaming. She can't hear his voice, except for the faint whispers in her mind. Most would think she's crazy, but she knows he's here.

Jackson. The boy Ava thought she'd spend the rest of her life with. He's back from the dead, as proof that love truly knows no bounds.
 



My Rating: 5.0 / 5

What I thought about it:
Ever since I’ve read Lisa Schroeder’s newest novel The Day Before, I knew that I needed to read more. And I heart you, you haunt me completely lived up to my expectations. It’s a wonderful, heart-felt novel that broke my heart at first, only to put it back together.

Stories that deal with the loss of a person you love are often hard to read and there were a lot of moments in I heart you, you haunt me that put tears in my eyes. Ava’s feelings were portrayed so perfectly that I sometimes thought it was me who had lost her boyfriend.

And this is what I love so much about novels that are written in verse. I’ve heard about many people who don’t like them because there over too soon or they just can’t connect with this kind of narration. But if you haven’t tried reading a verse novel yet, please don’t be afraid: To me there is no better way to convey emotions than with poetry. It’s so beautiful and never fails to touch me.

Overall, I heart you, you haunt me isn’t a novel that’s completely sad, even though it deals with such a tragic topic. It shows that it’s possible to deal with guilt and survive a severe loss without truly giving up the person who died. And most importantly it shows you that there will always be hope, which is a message that put a smile on my face.



Lisa Schroeder is definitely becoming one of my favorite authors - I'll need to get her other novels as soon as possible. Have you read I heart you, you haunt me? What did you think about it?

Carina

3 comments:

  1. Great review! I read this book awhile back and absolutely loved it. Glad to see you enjoyed it as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooooooove this book so much! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it as well! Lisa S. is definitely an awesome writer. I can't wait to read more of her work. :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently read a book that it was written in verse. I'm thinking of trying this one. :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!