Thursday, August 18, 2011

Cover Comparisons #19: Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

I have to admit that, even though I have this sitting on my shelf and I've read lots of fantastic reviews about this one, I haven't read it yet.
But while I can't tell you exactly which version represents the story better, I can tell you that I would rather pick up the original version than the German one. While the latter has a wonderful layout and is quite special in its own way, the former just looks a little bit more hopeful and not as sad as the German version.



Which version do you like better?
Carina

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!