Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Chick Lit Time: Click, An Online Love Story by Lisa Becker


While I mostly read Young Adult fiction, I love to read a good Chick Lit novel from time to time. I started Chick Lit Time to feature those books on my blog.



Click: An Online Love Story by Lisa Becker
Publisher: CreateSpace / Self-Published
Date of Publication: March 29th, 2011
Source: Received from Author
Buy: Kindle / Paperback (US) / Paperback (Intl)
Pages: 284

Goodreads Summary:
Fast approaching her 30th birthday and finding herself not married, not dating, and without even a prospect or a house full of cats, Renee Greene, the heroine of Click: An Online Love Story, reluctantly joins her best guy pal on a journey to find love online in Los Angeles. The story unfolds through a series of emails between Renee and her best friends (anal-compulsive Mark, the overly-judgmental Ashley and the over-sexed Shelley) as well as the gentlemen suitors she meets online. From the guy who starts every story with "My buddies and I were out drinking one night," to the egotistical "B" celebrity looking for someone to stroke his ego, Renee endures her share of hilarious and heinous cyber dates. Fraught with BCC's, FWD's and inadvertent Reply to All's, readers will root for Renee to "click" with the right man. 



My Rating: 4.0 / 5

What I thought about it:
Click: An Online Love Story was a very entertaining novel about trying to find "the one" and the necessary, but sometimes very annoying date experiences. It was funny, made me laugh a lot and I really loved the characters Lisa Becker created.

This novel is written completely different than anything I've ever read before: e-mails. Instead of being told the story from a certain point of view, we get to witness the e-mails Renee writes to her friends / dates and receives in return. While I was a little bit skeptical in the beginning about this, I completely fell in love with this kind of narration.

The wonderful thing about reading a novel that is a compilation of e-mails was for me that it totally reminds me of my best friends. Just like Renee constantly writes e-mails with Mark, Shelley and Ashley, I love to write e-mails with my friends just to keep updated and stay in contact. And those e-mails were written so well that you could always see what the characters are like - even just with a few words.

I have to admit that the complete story with all the good and not-so-good dates reminded me of Sex and the City, which - coming from me - is a huge compliment. If Carrie and her friends had ever decided to try online-dating, this is what it would be like.

All in all, Click: An Online Love Story is a lovely story that combines the importance of friendship with trying to find the right partner. Fans of Sex and the City, like me, will devour this novel and hope that this is not the last time that we've heard of Renee and her friends.



Have you read Click: An Online Love Story? What did you think about it?
Carina

Edit:
I just heard that there actually will be a sequel and once Click's Facebook Page has 200 fans, teasers will be revealed.

4 comments:

  1. I saw this book floating around but I never paid too much attention to it until I read your review just now. Thanks! I immediately added it to my to-read list on GR :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fact it's different since it's being told through e-mails. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love reading chick lit and this sounds great. thanks for stopping by our WoW post. :)

    -Michelle
    Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like it's a very interesting read! I love 'Love Stories'! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!