Friday, July 29, 2011

Review: Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic
Published: July 12th, 2011
Pages: 489

Previous book in the series: 
Shiver - my review | Linger - my review

Goodreads Summary:
In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. In Linger, they fought to be together. Now, in Forever, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in. 



My Rating: 5.0 / 5

What I thought about it:
I rarely cry when I'm reading a book, but Forever put tears in my eyes and made me feel every single emotion it wanted to convey. It was tragic and then it was beautiful and I'm so sad to see this series come to an end. Maggie Stiefvater's writing was simply amazing and I wish there were a 1000 pages more for me to read. It's one of those books that stays with you and doesn't want you to pick up another one immediately afterwards.

What I loved most about Forever was to watch those lovely characters develop while they also stayed true to themselves. Often characters change completely with nothing of their old selves left behind, but it's different here. They face their problems and their fears, learn new things and become grown-up versions of themselves. The same goes for all the unresolved issues with their parents that are somehow resolved.

Again, this story is told from four different points of view: Sam and Grace, Cole and Isabel. And while all of these characters are so completely different, it's still great to see how they feel, what they think and it's easy to follow the story. I don't want to leave them behind.

I have heard of people who didn't like the ending, because it was too open for them. And to be honest, I usually despise open endings, but with Forever it somehow worked for me. Don't ask me why, because I normally I need closure, something definite that doesn't leave me hanging, but I don't think that there could be a better ending for Forever. It leaves a certain aspect to the reader's imagination although it's not hard to guess what almost everyone will be imagining.

And maybe, just maybe, it might give Maggie Stiefvater an excuse to return to this world one day. But that could be only my hopeful imagination, because I'm really sad to watch this series come to an end.

All in all, Forever was a wonderful conclusion to an incredible series. If you liked the first two books, don't hesitate and pick this up. And if you haven't even started this series yet, please do so. It's fantastic and I'm happy I read it. I can't wait to read more novels by Maggie Stiefvater like The Scorpio Races, which will be released on October 18th.



Have you read Forever? What did you think about it?
Carina

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!