Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cover Comparisons #15: Graceling by Kristin Chashore

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Graceling by Kristin Cashore

When I was browsing through my local book store not too long ago, I saw a copy of the German verison of Graceling. And I have to admit that I really like this cover. I can't really say which cover fits the story better, because Graceling is still sitting on my shelf and waiting for me to pick it up, but if I had to choose I would take the German cover. By the way, the title Die Beschenkte translates into "The Gifted".



Which version do you like better?
Carina

6 comments:

  1. The German one. I like the markings on her back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually really like the German one. Its a lot more interesting that the first cover. Donna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not really sure which suits the story either, but I actually like the first one better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the German one, more feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't really like either, my fave is totally the UK cover! The US cover fits the story best out of these two though, I don't think the German cover compliments the kick-ass style of the book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the German cover for Graceling, it's beautiful. But the German cover for Fire it's even better, but it might be because of my passion for red hair :D. I simply love both covers :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!