Thursday, July 14, 2011

Cover Comparisons #14: Wildefire by Karsten Knight

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Wildefire by Karsten Knight

When I spent some time on Goodreads to look for German covers, I was surprised to see that Karsten Knight's Wildefire already has a German cover, since it will be released later this month.
While this, of course, is quite awesome since it usually can take some time for good novels to be published in Germany (this one will be released here in September), I have to admit that I don't really like the cover. There's something about the colors and the font that just doesn't appeal to me and doesn't make me believe that this could be a book worth picking up.



Which version do you like better?
Carina

3 comments:

  1. I loveee the US cover, the colors and the flowers are so pretty!(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to say. I like both of them. The German ties in with the story better, but the US is beautiful. I want both of them :-)

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!