Thursday, July 7, 2011

Cover Comparisons #13: Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Delirium by Lauren Oliver

While I already needed some time to get used to the original cover of this novel to consider it pretty (and no longer confusing), I think that the German cover is worse. While the colors and the placement and font of the title are really gorgeous, I don't really like that they  scribbled Liebe (German for "love") all over the cover. This is just confusing and since it can only be deciphered if you look at it closely, it looks a little bit dirty.



Which version do you like better?
Carina

4 comments:

  1. I love both of the cover. Although I love the US version better

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the US version better. But I guess if you think about it, the German version makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. Definitely prefer the original! Have you seen the US Special Ed cover or the UK cover yet?

    http://deliriouslyfalling.blogspot.com/2011/06/new-covers-for-delirium.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the cover with the birds on it instead of the random swirls! Makes me think of freedom etc which has a lot to do with this book.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!