Friday, July 22, 2011

Book Blogger Hop #04

Book Blogger Hop

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jen at Crazy-For-Books.com.



This week's question:
"What’s the ONE GENRE that you wish you could get into, but just can’t?"

Until one or two years ago it actually was the paranormal / fantasy genre that I just didn't like. And even though I'm no longer a fan of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series, I have to thank her and her vampires for making me get into it. :)
Today I'd say that the one genre I can't get into is crime / thriller. I have a friend who loves this kind of novels, but whenever I try to read a book that she liked a lot, I just can't finish them.



What genre can't you get into?
Carina

10 comments:

  1. Twilight definitely did introduce a lot of people to Fantasy. Crime/thriller is not really for me but I do love a detective novel.

    new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love parnormal/fantasy in large part because of Twilight. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea Twilight brought around a lot of readers!
    Stopping my from the blog hop.
    Have a nice weekend!
    New follower too.
    <3

    http://wordsontheshelf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    I agree with you about the paranormal genre too. I never got in to Twilight, but I'm okay with some of the books I've found now :) There are some really great ones out there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to love thrillers, but not so much anymore. Thanks for stopping by my post and for the book suggestions! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it great how we all have different tastes? I love thriller but can't read romance paranormal or otherwise! Variety is what makes the world go round! Have a great weekend.

    Just Can't Read Them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping by to visit and follow! I'm not much on crime thrillers, either. When I try to read them, they seem like they were designed for someone else's brain--mine doesn't quite connect. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great answer! Here's mine:


    http://theburstingbookshelf.blogspot.com/2011/07/book-blogger-hop-and-follow-my-book.html

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!