Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #13


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Expected Publication: September 13th, 2011
Pages: 320

Goodreads Summary:
The most tragic love story in history . . .

Juliet Capulet didn't take her own life. She was murdered by the person she trusted most, her new husband, Romeo Montague, a sacrifice made to ensure his own immortality. But what Romeo didn't anticipate was that Juliet would be granted eternity, as well, and would become an agent for the Ambassadors of Light. For 700 years, she's fought Romeo for the souls of true lovers, struggling to preserve romantic love and the lives of the innocent. Until the day she meets someone she's forbidden to love, and Romeo, oh Romeo, will do everything in his power to destroy that love.
 



I really like the story of Romeo and Juliet and this sounds like such a great version. I'm definitely looking forward to read this novel!

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Carina

15 comments:

  1. I'm definitely excited for this one! It's such an interesting take and departure from the original play. I hope it's as good as it sounds!


    Stephanie @ Poetry to Prose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was required to read Romeo and Juliet for school right before summer so i'm a little sick of it right now but when this book is released I hope to read it! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome WoW pick! ;) This book really does sound great though. Everyone needs it as their WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice choice!

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely excited for this book as well! I loved The Locket and, well, anything Romeo and Juliet related! Great pick! :)

    Here's my WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very excited about this one too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is on my waiting list, too :) It sounds really good :)

    Here is my WoW pick: http://tinyurl.com/3lc99gr
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sigh, Romeo and Juliet was on of my favourites from highschool. I love that this book is taking that myth and turning it upside down. Amazing choice. I am dying to get my hands on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower :)

    This one looks good. I just added it to my TBR--looks like the new YA trend is star-crossed lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heard of this one, sounds good.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. i had this as my wow once, it looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to read this too! I can't imagine Romeo being portray as anything other then a whiny emo.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. I soooooooo can't wait to read this book! Ugh! :) Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The premise is an unusual idea!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    www.bookdout.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I picked this one this week as well! I'm not a huge fan of WS's original, but this just looks like such an interesting twist! Thanks for sharing!

    Dani @ Refracted Light Reviews

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!