Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #12


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



Still Waters by Emma Carlson Berne
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Expected Publication: December 20th, 2011
Pages: 240

Goodreads Summary:
Hannah can't wait to sneak off for a romantic weekend with her boyfriend, Colin. He’s leaving for college soon, and Hannah wants their trip to the lake house to be one they’ll never forget.
But once Hannah and Colin get there, things start to seem a bit...off. They can't find the town on any map. The house they are staying in looks as if someone's been living there, even though it's been deserted for years. And Colin doesn’t seem quite himself. As he grows more unstable, Hannah worries about Colin’s dark side, and her own safety.


Nothing is as perfect as it seems, and what lies beneath may haunt her forever.



I have to admit that it was the cover that attracted me at first, but the summary sounds quite intriguing as well. Too bad December is still so far away. :D

If you want to, you can take a look at my international 100-Followers-Giveaway.

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Carina

22 comments:

  1. This seems like a great read! Thanks for sharing. I'd love if you'd check out my IMM too :)

    Btw, I'm loving the blog. I'm not sure if we're fellow followers, but I follow you!

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! This one sounds really interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm a new follower. This is another book that I hadn't heard about yet, but I am intrigued. I'm off to Goodreads to add it to my TBR shelf. Thanks for the rec!

    Marla @ Starting the Next Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ew, wow, that is riveting! I hadn't heard of it either. Will be definitely TBRing this one.

    New follower!

    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creepy lake house, that's got me interested. Thanks for sharing.


    Here's my WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one sounds interesting!

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gah! That cover is a bit creepy and so is the premise. See, this is why people shouldn't sneak off.

    Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your pick!


    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out
    www.bookdout.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how creepy the cover is and so is the premise. I am totally looking forward to reading this. December is so far away! I'm so excited! And great WoW pick :)

    Check out my WoW picks here

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sound dark and delicious. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cover is lovely...and it sounds really spooky too! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This story sounds so scary and different! The male lead seems to be pretty terrifying, at least from the summary, but I never liked the name Colin anyway (LOL!)

    My WoW

    Felicia @ A Novel Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dark and awesome. It sounds really different. I am adding this to my ever growing To Be Read List NOW! Such an amazing pick.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pick! Sounds awesome!

    Check out our WoW, and while your there don't miss out on a couple of great giveaways and events HERE, and HERE!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love beautiful covers and this is really beautiful!!
    my wow
    http://ratherbarefoot.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cover,an intriguing read.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the cover. Sounds kind of like it might be a modern The Shining! I'm definitely adding it to my list. Thanks for sharing.

    My WoW: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/06/www-8-and-waiting-on-wednesday-june.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really looking forward to this one - sounds very mysterious.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah! This has been on my to-read list for a while now :). I agree with you - the cover is gorgeous and that is also what drew my attention... but the summary promises lots of suspense and mystery so definitely looking forward to that :).
    -Christina Reads YA

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great pick, this is on my TBR too!

    Here's my WoW this week. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!