Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Review: Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
Publisher: Walker Books
First published on: April 21st, 2010
Pages: 357 (Paperback)

Goodreads Summary:
When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created “perfect” life is about to unravel before her eyes. She’s forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for—her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect.

Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more.

In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart.
 



My Rating: 5.0 / 5

What I thought about it:
Perfect Chemistry is a beautiful, sexy and wonderfully written story which will make you crave more once you've read the last word of it. I was unable to put this book down, so I even read at night and finished this in less than twenty-four hours (which is rare for me at the moment, because I have a lot to learn for university).

It's the classic story of the good girl falling in love with the bad guy and since I have a weak spot for fictional bad guys (because most of them are pretty hot, Alex included), I really like this kind of story line. And even though I don't have any experience with gang members and falling for them, everything that happened seemed real to me and I could relate to those wonderfully written characters.

The story is told from both, Brittany's and Alex' point of view which gives you a great insight into both of their minds and helps you to understand how their behavior is connected to the way they feel or experience. Their relationship is very difficult and lots of obstacles are put in their way, but seeing them face those problems shows you how deep their love truly is. Yes, they do things that will make you want to choke them or beat some sense into them, but that's just what makes this novel so amazing: Those characters have flaws, they're real.

If you're looking for an amazing contemporary story that will make you experience a real emotional rollercoaster, you should read Perfect Chemistry. I love it and can't wait to read the second novel.






The companion novel
was released on April 27th, 2010 by Walker Books.











The companion novel
Chain Reaction
will be released on August 16th, 2011 by Walker Books.







Have you read Perfect Chemistry? What did you think about it?
Carina

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I read this book awhile back and loved it. I read it in a day. I still need to read Rules of Attraction though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this! One of my favourite reads, so glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!