Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cover Comparisons #12: Hereafter by Tara Hudson

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Hereafter by Tara Hudson

When I first saw the original cover of Hereafter I completely fell in love with it. I sadly have to admit that I haven't read the novel yet (it's currently sitting on my shelf and begging me to pick it up), but just looking at the cover makes me look forward to reading it.

But I also have to admit that I really like the German version. I can't say which version represents the book better, but both of these would appeal to me if I saw them sitting on a shelf in a book store. Especially the placement of the title and the author's name are really gorgeous in the German cover. By the way, the German title can be translated into "If You See Me" which seems to be fitting for a ghost story.



Which version do you like better?
Carina

4 comments:

  1. The German version isn't bad, but I think the US cover is more powerful and evocative. I've started Hereafter and I'm loving Amelia, I just need to find the time to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The us cover is so gorgeous and matches well with the story. It does make you instantly fall for it.


    I hope you don't mind, but I made one too..
    http://violet-haven.blogspot.com/2011/06/cover-comparisons-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the way the name and title have been placed on the German cover but I still prefer the other one I think. I just love how the girl is transparent and the sea view is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The German version is a nice cover but the US/UK DEFINITELY wins. It's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!