Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cover Comparisons #11

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.




When it comes to representing the novel and especially its genre, I have to admit that the German cover wins. The steampunk aspects are clearly more visible here than in the original version and will make it clear for a possible reader what they are truly picking up.
But I have to admit that I just love the original cover. The dress is gorgeous and I really like the font they chose for the title and the way they placed it. Perfect.



What do you think? Which version do you like better?
Carina

1 comment:

  1. I like the German version, but I'm not crazy about it (Although, as you said, it fits the story better). I love the original US one. It's so beautiful and eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!