Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cover Comparisons #10

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

While I'm pretty sure that the pink color of the German version will appeal to lots of younger girls, it would be a little bit too girly to make me want to pick it up. Of course Paranormalcy is a very light-hearted novel, but this new version somehow ignores the mystery of the story. At least I feel like this, when I look at it.




What do you think? Which version do you like better?
Carina

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. The German cover doesn't say paranormal at all to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The German cover reminds me of a zombie series, so I kind of like it. It doesn't tell me anything about the novel though, like the American one, but I definitely dig it!

    ~ Popin

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!