Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cover Comparisons #09

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

If I read more German novels, I would definitely pick up this version of Hex Hall - it's gorgeous! Just the colours, the fonts, the arrangement (and just everything) makes me want to get a copy to put it onto my shelf. Of course the original cover is pretty in its own way, but to me (and my affinity to girly colours) the German one is a little bit prettier.




What do you think? Which version do you like better?
Carina

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you. It actually took me so long to pick up Hex Hall (I just got it last week) because of the cover. I just wasn't as taken by it as other covers and I'm definitely someone who picks up a book because of a pretty cover. That German one is beautiful! I would've picked it up in a heartbeat if it were the US cover. Great comparison! ;)

    ~Loren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah omg that German cover is so pretty!! Compared with the US cover I'd get the German one, but if compared with the UK cover, US for sure lol. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both covers. Definitely better than the cover released in my country (Australia). I think perhaps the US cover is more 'teen' appealing, while the German cover perhaps an older audience?

    Nice comparison, these are always fun!

    the Novel Nook

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!