Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #08


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



Ripple by Mandy Hubbard
Publisher: Razorbill / Penguin
First released on: July 21st, 2011
Pages: 272

Goodreads Summary:
Lexi is cursed with a dark secret. Each day she goes to school like a normal teenager, and each night she must swim, or the pain will be unbearable. She is a siren - a deadly mermaid destined to lure men to their watery deaths. After a terrible tragedy, Lexi shut herself off from the world, vowing to protect the ones she loves. But she soon finds herself caught between a new boy at school who may have the power to melt her icy exterior, and a handsome water spirit who says he can break Lexi's curse if she gives up everything else. Lexi is faced with the hardest decision she’s ever had to make: the life she's always longed for - or the love she can't live without? 



This sounds really interesting and I've heard good things about it. Looking forward to it being released.
What are you waiting for this Wednesday?

Carina

17 comments:

  1. Does sounds intersting indeed. Thanks for spotlighting it :)

    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, a siren. Sounds like fun.

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this one! I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for it lol. It sounds really good and I'm a fan of the author. ;) Thanks for stopping by!

    ~Loren
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard good things about this one. I'm not a huge fan of the cover, though.

    My WoW is up on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this one has definitely caught a lot of attention, and while I am not a huge mermaid fan I am interested to read this one based on the whole Siren aspect. Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one looks really good, I've read one of the author's previous books and loved it so I'm sure I'll love this one too. Also, the cover is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really looking forward to reading this one as well! It sounds really, really interesting! Great pick this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Carina!

    This book looks AWESOME. I've somehow missed out on the whole mermaid craze but I'm definitely interested in checking it out. This is going on my wishlist for sure. And I love the cover!

    Thanks for commenting on my IMM. :)

    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this one on my wishlist - looks good.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the sound of this one, thank you so much for sharing it with us. I had to add it to my wishlist. A story from a sirens life, sounds original.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing, and yay for more marine-type paranormal elements.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one looks good!

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear, love triangles. I become wary when it comes to love triangles. But, I like the sound of this one. I think I've only read three books about sirens so far.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks neat! I am waiting on some graphic novels this week!

    Angie

    XOXO Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey! Thanks for visiting. :) I'm following now. You have a lovely blog here. And I haven't heard of this book yet, but after reading that summary, it's definitely on my to-read list now. Seems after looking over the types of genres you like, we have some similar tastes. :)

    Hope you have a great rest of the week!

    Pixie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for visiting!! In regards to the Fallen series, it really is one of those either you love it or you hate it types. The first book was better than the second though, so if you try out Fallen and don't like it a lot, I'd say stop there. (Though your genre list says you like Nephilim and that concept gets explored in the 2nd novel...)

    I've heard a lot of great things about Mandy Hubbard. I like the cover on this novel--seems flirty but vaguely ominous with the dark sky. Sounds like a good read :).

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!