Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #06


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



Hourglass by Myra McEntire
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Release Date: June 14th, 2011
Pages: 397

Goodreads Summary:
One hour to rewrite the past . . . 

For seventeen-year-old Emerson Cole, life is about seeing what isn’t there: swooning Southern Belles; soldiers long forgotten; a haunting jazz trio that vanishes in an instant. Plagued by phantoms since her parents’ death, she just wants the apparitions to stop so she can be normal. She’s tried everything, but the visions keep coming back.

So when her well-meaning brother brings in a consultant from a secretive organization called the Hourglass, Emerson’s willing to try one last cure. But meeting Michael Weaver may not only change her future, it may change her past.


Who is this dark, mysterious, sympathetic guy, barely older than Emerson herself, who seems to believe every crazy word she says? Why does an electric charge seem to run through the room whenever he’s around? And why is he so insistent that he needs her help to prevent a death that never should have happened? 


Full of atmosphere, mystery, and romance, Hourglass merges the very best of the paranormal and science-fiction genres in a seductive, remarkable young adult debut.



So far I've only heard really positive things about this one and I cannot wait to read it.
What are you waiting for this Wednesday?

Carina

16 comments:

  1. Great pick! This one does sound interesting and something that I would definitely like to read!

    This one is added to my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice! I can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excited about this one too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great wow chick.

    heres mine

    http://satinsbookishcorner.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cover is so striking. It's a great cover. It sounds like a fantastic read as well. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am soooooo totally looking forward to reading this! Not too much longer to wait, thank goodness. :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really excited to read this one too! It sounds awesome and the cover is so weird and pretty. Good choice!

    Jennifer of Little Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick! I just finished reading Hourglass this week, and it was so good! I hope you absolutely love it when you get to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carina~

    Hourglass is such a good pick! This sounds really different, and the cover draws me in every time I see it!

    Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick! I definitely can't wait to check this one out as well.

    My WOW: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday-6.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pick. I can't wait for this one I have it pre-ordered.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I, too, can't wait for Hourglass. What a great premise! Thanks for listing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm totally adding this to my TBR! LOVE the cover:)

    Here's my WoW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks pretty interesting; might need to pick this up. I would love if you checked out my WoW too!

    Btw, LOVE THE BLOG... I quickly became a NEW follower.

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

    ReplyDelete
  15. I featured this on my WoW a few weeks ago! It has a really pretty cover and an interesting premise. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!