Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Teaser Tuesday #04


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.



Grab your current read.
Open to a random page.
Share two (2) "teaser sentences" from somewhere on that page.
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



This week I have to add two teasers, because - even though I've already finished reading it - I wanted to include The Goddess Test. It was amazing! My review for it will be online on Friday!





My first teaser:
The Goddess Test by Aimée Carter - p. 121

"Th-thanks," I stuttered, attempting to curtsey. It didn't work too well. "I see they didn't make you wear a dress."
Henry chuckled. "Even if they had, I wouldn't have looked nearly as lovely as you do." 






My second teaser:
Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton - p. 95

"You are a very strange girl," he said, stepping close to me.
His closeness alarmed me for a moment, and then I felt my unease melt away. It was really odd, my reaction to his presence.




Carina

14 comments:

  1. I want to read the Goddess test so bad. I will have to add to the pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have both of these on my TBR list, but I REALLY want to read The Goddess Test! Old follower =)
    Here's my Teaser post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Carina,
    Thanks for stopping by our blog. Love your teasers. I've read both books, Goodess Test was amazing :) Hope you enjoy it.
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teasers! I still haven't started Angelfire. I must read that soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teasers. Glad you enjoyed The Goddess Test - I may have to get a copy.
    I have Angelfire on my tbr pile - sounds good.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks for you teasers! I loved The Goddess Test and I thought that Angelfire was pretty good! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teasers! I loved The Goddess Test, but didn't love Angelfire so much...
    Thanks for stopping by! Your blog looks great and I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great teasers, didnt think of doing two..


    heres mine

    http://satinsbookishcorner.blogspot.com/2011/05/tuesday-teaser.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I started THE GODDESS TEST from netgalley, but it was hard to read due to the text size changing every page or so. Waited to pick up my own copy this past week. Can't wait to read. Love your TT and want to read it this week now!

    Your TT for ANGELFIRE brings back book memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent teasers. I am quite intrigued by The Goddess Test. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesdays-wrecker.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teasers, both of them. I especially liked the one from Angelfire.
    Mine are here: http://iousex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have The Goddess Test at home. I soooo cannot wait to read this book!
    What's Angelfire like? I've heard mixed reviews.
    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want to read the goddess test!! Great pick.

    Here is My Teaser!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!