Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Review: The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder

The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Release Date: June 28th, 2011
Pages: 320

Goodreads Summary:
Amber’s life is spinning out of control. All she wants is to turn up the volume on her iPod until all of the demands of family and friends fade away. So she sneaks off to the beach to spend a day by herself. 

Then Amber meets Cade. Their attraction is instant, and Amber can tell he’s also looking for an escape. Together they decide to share a perfect day: no pasts, no fears, no regrets. 

The more time that Amber spends with Cade, the more she’s drawn to him. And the more she’s troubled by his darkness. Because Cade’s not just living in the now—he’s living each moment like it’s his last.



I received an eGalley of this novel via Galley Grab. Thanks to Simon & Schuster for giving me a chance to read this. This did not influence my following opinion.



My Rating: 5.0 / 5

What I thought about it:
The Day Before is one of the most beautiful stories I have ever read. When I started reading this book, I did not expect to love a novel written in verse as much as I love this one. While the story itself and it's message is already wonderful, Lisa Schroeder's writing gives it such an amazing voice which I already missed once it was over.

I can't tell you much about the plot without giving interesting aspects away and spoiling the story for you, but the things happening to Amber and Cade sometimes nearly made me cry. They're lives are anything but easy, but the day they spend together in The Day Before seems to show them that life can be beautiful as well. And this is what I love so much about this story: It's about appreciating the little things in life and trying to see the positive side of everything that happens - no matter how hard that might be.

Please don't be scared away by the fact that this novel is written in verse. It was wonderfully descriptive and conveyed the emotions perfectly. I never wanted this novel to end and while I wish that there was a sequel, it's already perfect on its own.

All in all, The Day Before is a beautifully written story that will make you smile and cry at the same time. I will definitely order a finished copy of this, so I can reread this whenever I want to.



Have you read The Day Before already? What did you think about it?
Do you want to read it?

Carina

3 comments:

  1. This one looks really good. It's definitely on my wish list :)

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard good things about this book. Defs wanna buy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started Chasing Brooklyn and I wasn't sure I would like reading a book in verse but I really love it. I'm looking forward to reading this one too, thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!