Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cover Comparisons #08

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini

I actually saw a promotional poster for Göttlich Verdammt yesterday and had to look twice when I saw Josephine Angelini's name on it. I would have never expected this to be the German version of Starcrossed and to be honest, I'm not really sure what to think about it. While my first thought was ugly, I start to like this cover more the longer I look at it. 




Which version do you like better?
Carina

4 comments:

  1. I quite like the German cover but I still think I prefer the UK one. I do also really like the US one above...I'm still undecided about a favourite, I think she's been pretty lucky and all the covers have been pretty nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colouring in the German cover more, but perhaps the face is a little too pronounced for me, I'd rather it wasn't quite so...big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kayleigh, I wish the head wasn't so large but I think I actually like the UK cover the most. Between these two, I like the coloring of the German cover but the US cover seems to work better. So I just totally confused myself and I'm not sure how I feel about it lol. ;)

    ~Loren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like both! But..overall I like the composition of the US one better. I agree about the coloring on the German one though.

    ~ Sarah ♥ I'm Loving Books

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!