Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cover Comparisons #06

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

After I showed you quite bad examples of German covers during the last two weeks, I decided to choose something  very eye-catching for this week.
The title of the German version of Lauren Oliver's novel can be translated into When you die, your whole life moves past you, they say. I haven't read this novel yet, but seeing this cover made me put it onto my wishlist. To me, it's a special cover.



Which version do you like better?
Carina

P.s.: I really thought this post was lost for good, but Blogger saved it. :)

4 comments:

  1. I prefer the German cover. I have a real issue with photographs on covers, and I really love large text that takes up the entire cover. Best example I can think of are some editions of True Grit (Charles Portis)and most of Cormac McCarthy's covers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually like German cover versions. This one is good too, but I prefer the original... the title is rather long too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kayleigh...not a big fan of photographs on covers. The German version has me a bit more intrigued.

    P.S. I've heard lots of good things about this book - it's on my wishlist too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you. The German title is very eye-catching and unusual. I quite like it!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!