Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cover Comparisons #05

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



City of Bones by Cassandra Clare


While I'm not a huge fan of the original cover this novel, I would never pick up the German version of this. I cannot say how both of these covers represent the story since I haven't read this series yet (but I will do so during my summer vacation!), but the German cover doesn't appeal to me at all.





Which version do you like better?
Carina

2 comments:

  1. Lord have MERCY, that is one u-g-l-y cover! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hhhmmm. I'm not sure what I think of the German cover. It seems really outdated or something. I think the US cover is just ok.

    Jennifer of Little Shelf

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!