Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #04


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



Sometimes It Happens by Lauren Barnholdt
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release Date: July 12th, 2011
Pages: 320

Goodreads Summary:
On the last day of her junior year, Hannah's boyfriend Sebastian dumped her. Facing a summer of loneliness, Hannah turns to her best friend Ava for comfort. Ava does what BFFs do: she stays by Hannah's side...until it's time for Ava to head up to Maine for the summer. 

Also left behind is Ava's boyfriend, Noah, who's such a great guy he gets Hannah a job at the diner he waits tables at. Slowly, Hannah comes out of her funk thanks to Noah's good conversation and their fun times at the diner. But things get complicated when their friendship turns into attraction--and one night, into a passionate kiss.

The novel opens on the first day of senior year; the day Hannah is going to see Ava, Sebastian, and Noah all in one place. Over the course of the day secrets and betrayals are revealed, and alliances are broken and reformed. In the end, everyone is paired up once again, but not the way you might think...
 



I've wanted this novel since I've read the summary for the first time. Actually it doesn't even sound like something that I'd usually read, but it sounds so interesting that I definitely want to read it. And its release is perfectly timed - it'll be the perfect beach read for me.

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?

Carina

8 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great contemp! I might have to add it to my list, thank you!

    See what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that it deals with the aftermath. Awesome.

    Here's my WoW, please stop by and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that cover! And the book sounds really good as well :). New follower! Happy Reading! My WoWs:

    Butterfly Feet Walking on Life
    For the L♥ve of Reading

    -- Zakiya LadyWings

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like an awesome story!

    Here is my pick: http://www.lisasworldofbooks.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely want to get this one. I love Lauren Barnholdt's books.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not my usual pick either, but it does sound like a good read.

    Our WOW pick is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pick! I really, really want to read this one as well! Sounds great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, sounds kind of crazy! I don't think I've seen this book before. Thanks for sharing. :)

    Jennifer of Little Shelf

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!