Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #03


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
Publisher: Razorbill
Release Date: August 23rd, 2011

Goodreads Summary:
The first book in Richelle Mead’s brand-new teen fiction series—set in the same world as Vampire Academy.

When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.
Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive—this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone’s out for blood.



The spin-off of the Vampire Academy series. I've just finished the last novel of that series last week (my review of Last Sacrifice will be posted on Friday) and I'm so happy that there will be more books set in this world, along with characters that I've especially come to love.
(But I have to be honest: I dislike this cover even more than the ones of the Vampire Academy series.)

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?

Carina

11 comments:

  1. I still haven't read the vampire diaries yet, but this one does sound interesting.

    Jules

    http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the Vampire Academy series but I'm planning to. Bloodlines sounds really good! Thanks for sharing! :)

    Check out my WoW picks for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! A spin-off series! I haven't even gotten around to reading the original one yet. Great pick! Happy reading!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SO excited about Bloodlines! I'm really looking forward to reading it. I love the VA series! Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More Mead! Do I need to say more? LOL!

    Wonderful pick that is bound to be full of wonderful words. Stop by to see what I am waiting for! http://ikissbooks.blogspot.com/2011/04/wow-goddess-test.html

    Black Disaster Fairy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only read the first two VA books - must finish the series before this one comes out.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't finished the vampire academy series yet and she has a spin off? oh, well, it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Vampire Academy!! :)) I can't wait for this to come out. ( too bad rose won't be in it as much) :(
    She was my favorite heroine of all time.
    Here's my WOW: http://readbookshavefun.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Vampire Academy! This one is going to be great! Can't wait for it to come out! Here's mine:
    http://thebucketlist-gn.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-summer-of-firsts.html
    happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've got to finish reading the VA series! So many books...lol

    Thanks for your comment on my Wings review! I wouldn't place this at the top of my favorites list, but it was a nice change of pace =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i haven't really read yet the vampire academy, but this sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!