Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #02


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: September 27th, 2011
Pages: 320

Goodreads Summary:
Skye never questioned the story of her life. Her Aunt Jo adopted her after the death of her parents when she was just a child, and together they flip through memories the way some people flip through photo albums.

She never questioned if the stories were true.

Until the night of her 17th birthday, when the arrival of two strangers intrudes on her cozy life. Polar opposites, like fire and ice, Asher is dark and wild, while Devin is fair, cold, and aloof. Skye has no idea what they want—only that their presence coincides with the beginning of some shockingly strange events. Events that Skye, if she dares to think it, might be responsible for causing.

High up in the mountains of Boulder, Colorado, Skye finds herself caught in the middle of an ancient battle, one that began untold millennia ago. Torn between unpredictable Asher, whom she loves, and the infuriating Devin, who she can’t stay away from, her fate is murky as a starless night. And as the secrets of her true identity are revealed, Skye realizes that her destiny may reside in the Heavens—or somewhere darker.



Okay, I can be quite superficial sometimes, but honestly? This cover is just too gorgeous for me to not want this book. And the summary just convinced me as well that I truly need to have this book. I want it. Now. I don't know how I'll be able to wait until September, but I guess I won't have a choice.

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?

Carina

4 comments:

  1. The cover is stunning.. I'm not sure if she's going to fly, or jump! Can't wait to read this =)

    (I see you're reading Wings, too. Are you participating in the readalong?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I would pick this book up in the store based on the cover alone!

    Even better this does sound like it would be a good read.

    Great pick, another one for my ever growing wishlist.

    Jules

    I am a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lindsay:
    I'm not really sure either, but I like to believe that she's going to fly. Although jumping would be okay, if there was a hot guy to catch her of course. ;)
    I sadly realized very late that there was a readalong for Wings, but even though I thought about joining it belatedly, I think I'll just finish it "on my own".
    Do you like it so far?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure about this one I don't like love triangles so I may have to check out the reviews first.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!