Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #01


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



The Goddess Test by Aimée Carter
Publisher: Harlequin
Release Date: 19th April 2011
Pages: 304

Goodreads Summary:
Every girl who has taken the test has died.
Now it's Kate's turn.


It's always been just Kate and her mom--and now her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear her mother won't live past the fall.

Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld--and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.
Kate is sure he's crazy--until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride, and a goddess.
If she fails...
 



Die for me by Amy Plum
Publisher: HarperCollins
Release Date: 10th May 2011
Pages: 352

Goodreads Summary:
My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.
Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.
Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.
Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.
While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart—as well as my life and my family's—in jeopardy for a chance at love?
 



These are just two of the many books that I want to read at the moment. Yesterday I placed a pre-order for The Goddess Test, so I can get my hands on it as fast as possible. I'm pretty sure I will do the same for Die for me - but luckily for my bank account there is still a little more time left until it's published. :-)

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?

Carina

8 comments:

  1. Great picks. I'm reading Die For Me at the moment - loving it.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to WoW...so glad you're joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoy both when they come out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really really want to read The Goddess Test! I've heard mixed things about Die For Me... So we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! I've read both of them and they're really good. Hope you'll enjoy them, too! =]

    That's What Liz Read

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these books were really great! I hope you love them! Great picks! :) New follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely covers. I hope that when you get your books, they are everything you hope them to be. Check out what I am Waiting On Wednesday for. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really can't wait to read both of these two books! The Goddess Test has such a pretty cover! Thank you for stopping by!
    New Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!