Friday, April 22, 2011

Review: Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead
Publisher: Peguin/Razorbill
Release Date: December 7th, 2010 
Previous Books In The Series: Vampire Academy, Frostbite, Shadow Kiss, Blood Promise, Spirit Bound (my review)
Pages: 594 (Paperback)

Goodreads Summary:
Rose Hathaway has always played by her own rules.

She broke the law when she ran away from St. Vladimir’s Academy with her best friend and last surviving Dragomir Princess, Lissa. She broke the law when she fell in love with her gorgeous, off-limits instructor, Dimitri. And she dared to defy Queen Tatiana, leader of the Moroi world, risking her life and reputation to protect generations of dhampir guardians to come.

Now the law has finally caught up with Rose- for a crime she didn’t even commit. She’s in prison for the highest offense imaginable: the assassination of a monarch. She’ll need help from both Dimitri and Adrian to find the one living person who can stall her execution and force the Moroi elite to acknowledge a shocking new candidate for the royal throne: Vasilisa Dragomir.

But the clock on Rose’s life is running out. Rose knows in her heart the world of the dead wants her back… and this time she is truly out of second chances. The big question is, when your life is about saving others, who will save you?




My Rating: 5.0 / 5

What I thought about it:
My very first reaction when I closed the book was: Awww.
Followed by: Oh my God.
This was definitely a wonderful ending for a wonderful series. This series makes it quite hard for me to stop thinking about it and start reading something else.

You will not believe how happy and sad I was at the same time once I've finished reading this novel. It was amazing and while I've thoroughly enjoyed this final piece of the Vampire Academy series, I'm sad to know that it's over now. Somehow I just cannot get enough of Rose and her world (especially Dimitri and Adrian, but please be honest - can you get enough of them? Probably not.)

What I love so much about this series are not only the very well written characters but that continuously things are happening that I don't expect. And while I always like being right about what things might happen next, there is nothing better than a good surprise. Especially if this surprise is better than any idea I might have had myself. And believe me when I tell you that the surprises Richelle has for us are amazing!

Actually I don't want to say too much about Last Sacrifice, in case you haven't read it yet, but let me tell you one thing: The ending of the series is worth it. Whenever I start reading a series that already consists of some books, I'm always a little bit scared whether spending all this money to catch up on it is honestly worth it.

The Vampire Academy series was worth every cent I spent. And even though my favorite character didn't get the girl in the end (not telling you who that is - you'll have to see for yourself ;-) ), I'm incredibly happy with this ending.






The first novel of the spin-off series
will be published on August 23rd, 2011 by Razorbill.







Have you read the Vampire Academy series and Last Sacrifice? What did you think about it?
Carina

1 comment:

  1. So glad you loved this book! I love this series, and can't wait for Bloodlines to be released. :) Thanks for sharing such an awesome review!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!