Friday, April 8, 2011

Review: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Publisher: Dutton
Release Date: December 2nd, 2010
Pages: 372

Goodreads Summary:
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris—until she meets Étienne St. Claire: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.
As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near-misses end with the French kiss Anna—and readers—have long awaited?



My Rating: 5.0 / 5

What I thought about it:

I actually just bought Anna and the French Kiss, because I needed something to read besides the Vampire Academy Series. While I love this series a lot, I needed something light-hearted to take my mind off some of the more depressing scenes I encountered especially during Blood Promise. And since I had read many good things about Stephanie's debut novel, I decided to give it a chance.

And it was amazing! Wow.

It's been said before, but Étienne St. Clair is just too awesome to believe. I wish he were real. Good looking, charming, a great sense of humour but sensitive at the same time. It might be time for a trip to Paris. Anyone coming with me?

What I loved so much about the novel was that it was real. I could relate to Anna's insecurities completely and her feelings and experiences were perfectly portrayed. For me it was easy to imagine being her, living her life in that foreign town that turned out better than she could have expected. (Actually I have experienced something similar, which made reading this story quite special.)

If you haven't read Anna and the French Kiss yet, please do it. If you like stories that make you laugh but wonder about what might happen next at the same time, this is perfect. It's funny, it's romantic and has characters that you want to be real. I loved every moment of it.






The companian novel
will be released on September 29th, 2011 by Dutton.







Have you read Anna and the French Kiss? What did you think about it?
Carina

3 comments:

  1. I haven't had a chance to read Anna yet, but it's on my Nook waiting for me! I've heard SO many great things about the book, I really can't wait to start it. :)

    Thanks for sharing your awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here she is.. alone. Caught in many love triangles through out the book. In many conflicts, with her friends. I found myself wanting to help Anna!! But, Anna was a smart girl. Some times clueless. But she would eventually get it. Figure it out. St. Claire kept her confused. And he was making me mad there for a while. I was like WHY is he leading her on? Why is he with this twit Ellie? WHY! Anna and The French Kiss was a cute book. It was full of laughs, heartbreak, steamy kissing moments :) This book was a win/win for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reading this book, and I think it's sooo cute!!! I wanna finish soon, cause I have to know what's going to happen next with Anna. St. Clair is the cutest boy ever! But sometimes he messes up my head. I hope they will be together in the end! :D
    Loved the review! :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!