Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cover Comparisons #04

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr


It's not difficult to decide which cover I like better. This is one example for German covers that  make me cringe. Even though I think that another publisher has released these novels with the (very pretty) orginal covers, I'm so sad to see what Carlsen has done with this novel.





Which version do you like better?
Carina

1 comment:

  1. The US cover is so much prettier! It's one of the reasons I picked up the book in the first place. I don't like the German cover either.

    Great post!

    Jennifer of Little Shelf

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!